Deeper Jungle is an established Call of Duty content creator of over 5 years. You can find him on Twitter and YouTube via the links below.
On the final Tuesday of April Modern Warfare will receive a rather major mid-season update, which will include new playlists, free content and general bug fixes.
Before tackling Tuesday’s update let’s do a brief recap of recent information:
Firstly, the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Free Access Weekend will conclude today. This was the second time Modern Warfare multiplayer went free-to-play for a period of time, to note, even though the Multiplayer free access weekend ended, players may continue to play Warzone for completely free.
Furthermore, Infinity Ward has taken steps towards putting an end to the cheating issue plaguing Warzone. Infinity Ward has stated they have a zero tolerance policy for cheaters. To combat this issue matchmaking will connect suspected cheaters will one another. Additionally, Infinity Ward has stated they will soon add in a “report-a-player functionality to the killcam and spectator modes” making it significantly easier for players to report suspected cheaters.
Let’s discuss Tuesday’s Mid-Season update:
This update will add in quite a bit of new content including re-introducing the infamous “Shoot The Ship” playlist, alongside adding a new mastery camo. Currently the end-all-be-all camo of Modern Warfare is Damascus; however, as of recently rumors started to emerge of a possible new master tier camo. This was confirmed via Infinity Ward’s recent community post, stating: “Can we interest you in Obsidian camo? Or maybe you want to mix and match blueprint weapon attachments to your heart’s content, even on another blueprint weapon…”
Playlist Update will include for MP:
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Reinfected Ground War
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
Similar to the Season 2 update, update 1.20 will require Xbox and PlayStation users to download a Data Pack which will be roughly 15gbs. Infinity Ward stated “Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.”
Additionally, Infinity Ward will address many major bugs with Tuesday’s update (full patch notes coming soon)
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
An exciting new addition to Modern Warfare multiplayer will be “Gunsmith Customs” allowing players to “expand their creativity” by building blueprints of your own using bits and pieces from other armory weapons. Sort of like a Frankenstein’s monster, but for an AK-47.
Warzone will also be adding a new contract this patch, “Most Wanted”. Picking up this contract will make you a target for all players currently alive in Verdansk – surviving the onslaught will reward you with the ability to immediately bring back all dead players in your team without the need for your hard-earned cash.
Look out for a new ‘Firestarter’ legendary skin for Krueger this week with the “Pyromaniac Bundle” which includes; a character skin for Krueger; a legendary “By The Toe” weapon blueprint; a new finishing move, and flame throwing knives (Yes, you read that correctly).